Monday, January 25, 2010

Summer of Fun 2009

June 2009
As it became evident summer was upon us, I decided it was time to make a plan. We do love going to the pool, but, going there every day would get old very fast. We live in such a beautiful part of the country, we needed to make a plan and do our best to see some of it this summer.

So we got out the calendar and started making a listing of all the things we'd like to do before summer eluded us. We called the Calendar, "The Summer of Fun 2009".

First thing on the list was a family hike along the trail at Castlewood Canyon in Parker, Colorado. Steve and I had fond memories of this hidden-away place from way back when we lived in Parker, Colorado about 15 years ago. We use to take Ariel for hikes along this trail.



Chandler exploring one of the many "cave-type-boulder" enclosures.













Gabby wondering how long is this trail anyway? The answer...about a half day.


Family shot along the river. (Gotta love my "sporty" glasses. I usually only wear them to run outside, I think they make me look a little too "sporty".) We loved our day together in this beautiful canyon.

No comments: